|Remark||$38K~$42K (+OT +Bonus)|
Position Classification: Quality Control Specialist
Salary: $38K~$42K (+OT +Bonus)
Location: West Point, GA
Oversees Quality Team Leader and Team Members to ensure proper administration of quality program and procedures. Providestraining on quality work instructions and procedures. Promotes positive Team relations and leads by example.
- Works in conjunction with Quality A/M and Quality Team Members to implement the quality management system.
- Implements standardization and control plans to meet internal and customer needs.
- Implements regular manufacturing quality checks/audits, recording and reporting discrepancies promptly.
- Implements quality process controls which predispose product quality in lieu of inspecting.
- Works closely with Quality A/M and manufacturing to resolve problems of product design, specifications, materials, tooling, procedures or processes affecting quality.
- Coordinates activities to resolve customer complaints and return issues.
- Conducts training classes.
- Ensures compliance with appropriate procedures in auditing, testing, documentation and other quality assurance related areas.
- Promotes a positive workplace
- Communicates with and/or visits customers and suppliers to discuss specific quality problems.
- Provides technical assistance to purchasing, engineering and manufacturing in such areas as interpretation of specifications and related information in connection with the purchase of parts/materials and supplies.
- Fosters Team Member involvement in continuous improvement activities.
- Facilitates quality meetings as needed.
To perform the Quality Specialist job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.The requirements below are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill and ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be bilingual (English, Korean).
- A bachelor’s degree with emphasis on quality manufacturing or equivalent work experience.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of quality systems including ISO 9000 and TS16949.
- Must understand quality planning, reliability analysis, statistical measurements systems and metrology.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years experience in a manufacturing Quality Lead role.
- Prefer candidates with the following experience:
(i) Initial Sample Inspection Report (ISIR)
(ii) Advanced Production Quality Planning (APQP)
(iii) Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
(iv) Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
(v) Statistical Process Control
(vi) CNC and CMM machine experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications with facilitations skills
- Good organizational, administrative, and supervisory skills with consistent follow-up.
- Computer literate in Microsoft products, PowerPoint, Excel.Prefer SAP experience.
- Working knowledge of automotive manufacturing processes and terminologies.
- A positive team attitude
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The employee may be required to stand for long periods, type on a keyboard, speak by phone, move throughout a manufacturing plant environment, listen to employees and make presentations to groups. The work environment includes a temperature controlled office and manufacturing plant.